Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cancer survivor Henry Tan spoke to Leader A


I heard a voice from behind saying: "Hello, for your weight, you are not doing badly." He caught up with me and introduced himself as Henry Tan, "I had stomach cancer last April and was operated on. Now fine."

I asked if was a marathon runner before, he said: "When I was young, my best marathon time was 3 hr 15 min. I was still running until I got this cancer."

I asked if he had been running since the operation, his reply: "The doctors said I should go slow with my running; they advised me to start with short distances. Last week, I did the Army Half Marathon in 1 hr 51 minutes." In my mind I was telling myself: "Wow!. Cancer survivor doing better than non-cancer live"r"s."

He then said he was 60 years old and then decided to speed past me. He turned his head around and added: "You look older than me...take care and keep up your effort."

No comments:

Post a Comment